Breencast Logs

Discussion in 'Office of the City Administrator' started by Amute, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amute

Amute Lord-Commissar Staff Member Owner

August 13th 2017
    One of the most auspicious acts a citizen can perform is that of cohesion. Cohesion is what binds us as a species together. It's what proves to our benefactors we are worthy of their care. Lack thereof will inflict an untold damage upon our species. It will cast us to the shadows where all the progresses we've made fades into oblivion. A citizen should understand the simplicity of cohesion, but must understand the moral prefects of such are not easy. We must lose our instinctual chains that bind us to the dark ages. The act of cohesion can be as simple as respecting the dedicated men and women of the Civil Protection Service. Or as powerful as information leading to the arrest of malcontents who wish to reverse the strenuous work of the Combine Overwatch. But we cannot perform these actions unless we being by not changing and effecting the environment around us. But finding the change in ourselves. Fighting our daemons and executing them. And the most powerful one of all; the one who haunts us into our primordial soup. Instinct. The most audacious of the shadows that lurk in the dark corners of our species. And until that day, we must find it in ourselves to explore cohesion. Be Wise. Be Safe. Be Aware.

TrulyDeath likes this.
  2. Amute

Amute Lord-Commissar Staff Member Owner

August 5th 2019
    Allow me to share with you an experience I've recently encountered during a visit to City 16 earlier this week. Amongst the people, there were a few... "Naysayers" betwixt the vast sea of human intelligence and reason, and that of our true enemy within ourselves. An individual accosted me, not with violence but words. While I admit to a certain extent, I found his attempts amusing to say the least, I was left rather perturbed by the content of his message. This individual used Buzzwords, regurgitated propaganda we are all well and used to, but one that stuck out was "Technocratic-NeoConservative dictatorship". Now admittedly, I was taken aback by this, but upon further analysis of this disturbed gentleman's words. I found he did not speak from his heart, he did not speak from the fires ignited in the breast of the insurgency, and he did not speak from literature of our past devolved selves. No, he spoke from the clenched fist he held as he spoke. The hand he waved, weaponised, signified fault to a beast that does not exist in any dark alley or in the ink painted to parchment in books of the past, or from the minds of revolutionaries. No. The culpability of which can be directly laid at the proverbial feet of 'Instinct'. This one concept has led our species astray for thousands of years, while other civilisations free from this shackle journey amongst the stars, This one Chain that has held our species back far past its point of benefit. Instinct was our mothers milk as our species grew from infancy, however the cry for it has become futile. We must leave instinct in the past, or be swallowed whole by this old tired friend. Let us thank our Benefactors of discovering this affliction, as we would not have on our own. In a single stroke, they have amputated the lame limb, cut out the necrotic kidney and removed the malignant cancer. This lame limb, necrotic organ and cancerous tumour is in fact, instinct. We thank our Benefactors, and we thank the Overwatch, who WATCH over us. Let us evolve - Instinct is for insects.

TrulyDeath likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.